Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Graduation Day

The day is finally here.




I believe that it is a tradition for one to receive flowers on her/his day of graduation. I was happy and couldn't stop imagining how my bouquet would look like..
I couldn't wait to meet my parents after we got out of the hall.
They called me to come to the tents where they sell flowers..I was seriously happy. I couldn't wait..But when I saw them..

EMPTY.


They were empty-handed. Mother said ' I feel like laughing, they sell fake ones..'
When I turn to look at the booths, I can still see fresh flowers right behind me but I just kept quiet. I think I don't need to tell them about it. It's not important anyway.
But frankly speaking I was kinda disappointed.
People around me were holding more than one bouquet, they even have chocolates and teddy bears.
Well without wasting more time, my parents went straight to the car and I went away looking for my friends.




After struggling with the crowd I finally meet my friends. I took like 3 pictures with my friends and one of them handed me one of her bouquets when she saw me wasn't holding any. It's pathetic. Haha. Well, it's not a BIG deal to other people I guess. I was just being too emotional. It's the only degree I have and I receive nothing unless I go for masters and phD, then I can still hope for the flowers.





Moral of the story: Don't put your hopes too high.

To sum it all up, I feel happy because I now have a degree.Yay! I feel kinda sad to leave that place too. Sad for not seeing my supervisor. She didn't attend the ceremony. I guess she was busy. I met other lecturers. And I feel pathetic for not receiving any flowers when this is the opportunity for me to be receiving one.

샬린..괜찮아..no big deal..flowers die anyway

3 comments:

  1. hey..i didn't receive anything on my graduation too. I was without flowers, not even a cute graduation bear. But that doesn't matter. What truly matters is that you have finally received your scroll that is proof that you are a graduate! Be proud of that!

    *hugz* I'm sure your family is proud of you with or without the flowers. =D

    리나 언니

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna buy u flowers that day.
    but xsempat jumpa u.
    hadiah u i bg next time k?

    *cheer up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. 리나 언니:thanks!*tears*
    Lin:it's okay dear.i'm ok now.haha

    ReplyDelete